• the types of personal information we collect and hold;
• the methods by which we collect and hold personal information;
• the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
• how we manage personal information collected online;
• whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients and the situations in which we may do so;
• how you may access your personal information or seek the correction of such information; and
• how you may complain about a possible breach of the APPs by us and how we will deal with your complaint.
• a student;
• an apprentice;
• a parent or guardian;
• a child care provider;
• a principal or teacher;
• an academic or researcher;
• a participant in a program or service delivered by us;
• a contractor, consultant, or supplier of goods or services to us;
• an applicant for a grant or a tenderer for a contract provided by us;
• a policy stakeholder who works with us;
• a person whose information may be given to us by a third party, including other Government agencies;
• a Registered Training Organization;
• an entrant in a competition conducted by us;
• a person seeking employment with us;
• a current or past employee of the department; or
• Any other individual whose personal information we may collect or hold.
Information we collect and why we use it:
We are responsible for national policies and programs that help to access quality and affordable childcare; early childhood education; school education; post-school, higher education; international education and academic research, through:
• efficient national program management;
• effective working relationships with state and territory governments, non-government education authorities and providers, universities and other providers of community groups and other stakeholders;
• auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services; and
• policy advice and other support to the Minister.
Generally, we collect personal information in order to properly and efficiently carry out one or more of our functions. We only use personal information for the purpose(s) for which it was given to us and for directly related purposes (unless otherwise required or authorized by or under law); as consented to by you or if a permitted general situation exists.
Personal Information Holdings:
We maintain, on an ongoing basis, a Personal Information Holdings document that explains the various types of personal information we collect and hold, what the information is used for and the third parties to whom the information is normally disclosed. Where applicable, the document also details where we are authorized to collect, use or disclose information under legislation relevant to our policies, programs and services. A copy of the Personal Information Holdings document can be obtained from the Privacy Contact Officer whose details are below.
There are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information over the internet, including via email. You should be aware of this when sending personal information to us via email or via our website or social media platforms. If this is of concern to you then you may use other methods of communication with us, such as post, fax or telephone (although these also have risks associated with them). We only record your email address when you send a message to us or subscribe to one of our mailing lists. Any personal information, including email addresses, will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was provided.
Log information (browsing):
When you use our online services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your server address, your top level domain name (for example, .com, .in etc), the date and time of visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents viewed, the previous sites visited, the browser type, the browser language, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Links to External Websites:
Information collected by our contractors:
We take contractual measures to ensure that where we have given personal information to a contractor (that carries out a service for us), the contractor complies with the APPs as if it was an agency.
We take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect and store is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
If you think we may have breached your privacy you may contact us to make a complaint using the contact details below. In order to ensure that we fully understand the nature of your complaint and the outcome you are seeking, we prefer that you make your complaint in writing.
For further information about our complaint handling processes please see our Privacy Complaint Handling Policy.
If you have any enquiries or complaints about privacy, or if you wish to access or correct your personal information, please email us to our website www.tharshanmaya.com.